I am a reader and a writer. So here’s a peek into some of the reading I did this summer. Some titles were obviously ones we might read together in class, and some were obviously for me!
1. Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LeFleur (Mark Twain Award nominee 2011-2012)
2. The Boys Start the War by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
3. The Secret of Zoom by Lynne Jonell (Mark Twain Nominee 2011-2012)
4. Mudville by Kurtis Scaletta (Mark Twain Nominee 2011-2012)
5. Practical Punctuation by Dan Feigelson
6. Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
7. What to Expect The First Year by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg, and Sandee Hathaway, B.S.N.
8. Other people’s blogs–I’ve found several really interesting ones that I like. Most were related to sewing or decorating, but I also have started following many from other teachers who use blogs in their classrooms. I hope to make our blog useful like the ones I’ve discovered. I also have several friends who post pictures and stories about their families on their blogs and I like those, too.
Now it’s your turn: What did you read this summer? Even if it wasn’t a book, I know you read something! Share some of your favorites here in the comments section. 🙂
Pingback: What I did on my summer vacation–Part 4: Write « 20somethingkidsand1kookyteacher
Pingback: Things I Learned on My Summer Vacation | 20somethingkids and 1kookyteacher
Pingback: #ISWAYR–Week 3 | 20somethingkids and 1kookyteacher