Welcome to our blog! I am Mrs. Bearden and this is my 16th year at Robinson! I have been here since the fall of 2000 and have taught at many different grade levels. I love what I do and look forward to coming to school!
My belief as an educator is that in each child there is infinite potential to learn and become the best version of themselves they can be! I believe it is my job to foster a love of learning and help children create knowledge for themselves by providing them with learning experiences and an environment in which they can explore and make connections. In my class you will see kids talking, moving, working together, making choices and trying new things. I LOVE to be in the classroom, learning right alongside my students!
On a personal note, I have been married to Mr. Bearden, Grant, for almost 18 years. We have a 9YO son, Riley (who is a Robinson 4th grader) and a 5 1/2 YO daughter named Allison (who just started kindergarten!). Mr. Bearden is a teacher, too, and teaches 5th grade in Wentzville School District. We live in St. Peters. We love to spend time together as a family, doing just about anything!
- I have known my husband since we were in high school (I was 15!)
- I went to Australia and New Zealand in 1995.
- I drink Diet Dr. Pepper every day (I think I might be addicted!)!
- I LOVE to write and teach kiddos (or anyone else who will listen) about being a writer.
- I am a big fan of action movies–thanks to Mr. Bearden.
- Someday I hope to move to Florida. I could live at Disney World, I think. Maybe when I’m retired from teaching I could work there. 🙂
- I grew up in North County (went to Hazelwood and Ferguson-Florissant schools).
- I have 1 brother. He is 5 years younger than me and is a teacher, too!
- I love to read, but I like to write more.
- I used to play the alto clarinet, flute, piccolo and viola. I wish I had learned to play the piano. Want to teach me? 🙂
- I LOVE TO TEACH!!
- I am an aunt to Lucy, Landon and Cohen. They are cutie pies!
- I might be addicted to blogs–reading them and writing them!
- I love to bake! I spend a lot of time in the kitchen with Riley baking muffins and other yummy stuff. Allie will tell you that mommy is the baker and daddy is the chef in our family. This is a little funny because Baker was my maiden name. 🙂
- I like to try new things.
- I love things to be clean and organized. If you’re my student, you should expect to help me keep the classroom that way. 🙂 (But my family may be confused by this statement because it doesn’t always translate to my house!)