I am a writer. I wouldn’t say that I am an author, because I haven’t been published, but I definitely write. And I write a lot.
So here are 100 things about me as a writer:
1. I started my writing journey way back in kindergarten and have loved it ever since.
2. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be an author when I grew up.
3. Writing has always been one of my favorite subjects in school.
4. I still have writing pieces from when I was a kid. I think they’re saved in my mom’s dresser.
5. In junior high, I wrote mostly short stories about girls who were babysitters or who had crushes on boys in their classes.
6. As an adult, I usually write expository text or to tell my opinion/thoughts on a topic.
7. I officially started my Writer’s Notebook in June of 2005.
8. I am now filling up my 10th notebook. Each one is different and tells something about my life at the time I was writing in it.
9. My favorite authors as a reader are my favorite as a writer. I like the way their words sound.
10. Sharon Creech, Ralph Fletcher and Jerry Spinelli as mentors of mine even though I don’t know them.
11. I write mostly for myself.
12. Sometimes I write so I can share it with my students. My Writer’s Notebooks and my students’ needs are the main resources I use in my teaching.
13. I’d love to publish a book someday.
14. I write better when I have choices about what it is (i.e. format, length, etc.)
15. If I have an assignment, I will always write longer than is asked. It’s probably really annoying to my teachers!
16. I learn a lot from my students when I read their writing.
17. I like feedback, but only if it’s positive. Hey, we’re being honest here, right? 🙂
18. I read almost everything like a writer, looking for things I can use in my own writing.
19. I love words. I collect quotes and often write down the things other people say.
20. The outside of my Writer’s Notebooks are covered with things that inspire me.
21. I am a “pen” person. I could shop for hours for just the right one. What it looks like when I write is really important. Well at least to me. I’m kind of obsessed. 🙂
Wow–that was harder than I thought it would be. Didn’t get as far as I thought I would. Hopefully I’ll come back to add some more soon. Check back again, will ya?
What would you say about yourself as a writer? Could you add anything else to my list?