I have always thought that good teachers are also learners. I try to learn something every day. And today was one of those days when I was learning a lot. Here are just a few of those things.
1. My students are ready for Winter Break.
2. Many of my students like to argue–I mean debate. 🙂
3. My friend Melissa is really sneaky. She left me a really great Christmas gift on my desk, right under my nose. And it was perfect–partly pink, partly related to writing, and mostly made from a cupcake. YUM!
4. My students are ready for Winter Break.
5. My kids are amazing bloggers, even though they just did their first post today. I knew they were great writers, but I LOVE seeing it in action. And I chuckled out loud at some of what they wrote. This will definitely be a great way to get to know them better as people, not just writers.
6. If you eat too many Oreo Cookie Balls, you will get a stomachache. But then you might keep eating them anyway because they are so amazingly yummy.
7. My students are ready for Winter Break.
8. If you’re walking in a parking lot and there are two paths–one through a big puddle and another on dry pavement–you will walk on dry land and the kids around you will stomp through the puddles every time.
9. There are many people in my school I don’t talk to often enough. I got to have a great conversation this afternoon with two friends I don’t see very often because their roles are different than mine. Our paths don’t cross unless we make them, and I need to learn to do that more. Thanks Rochelle and Erika for chatting today. I learned from you in that short time and enjoyed myself, too!
10. My students are ready for Winter Break. But so am I. 🙂